Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Waiting on Wednesday #102




Waiting On Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.




The Sound
The Sound by Sarah Alderson

May 13th 2014


A British nanny looking for a low-key summer finds buried secrets, murderous attention, and unexpected romance when she visits the Nantucket Sound.

The Nantucket Sound is a beachfront playground for the privileged and elite, where the sunny days are filled with scenic bike rides, backyard picnics, and bonfire parties.

But all Ren, a visiting Brit still reeling from heartbreak, really wants is a quiet summer as a nanny for one of Nantucket’s wealthy families. Getting acquainted with handsome Jeremy and his young group of trust fund, private school kids was not part of the plan. Neither was befriending the local bad boy whose reputation is more dangerous than charming.

After a dead body is found next to The Sound's postcard-perfect view, Ren starts to wonder where the real threat lies. Because it's becoming clear that her "new found friends" are much more than they seem. They're hiding secrets. Secrets that Ren wants no part of.

But once The Sound has you in its current, it won't want to let you go.

8 comments:

  1. The beach AND a mystery! This one sounds good! Thanks for pointing it out..
    Here's my pick.
    All The Light We Cannot See

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for posting as your WOW. So looking forward to its US debut.
    Sarahx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have a copy of this, and I am really looking forward to it. It sounds good. Hope you get to read it soon.

    Jenea @ Books Live Forever's WoW

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous cover - this sounds like it has a bit of everything. Thanks for sharing!

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's new to me! Not sure it's my kind of read, but still hope you love it!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This sounds really good! I hope you enjoy reading it.
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, this one sounds awesome! Definitely one that I'm going to have to add to my TBR!

    Thanks for stopping by my blog :)

    ReplyDelete

 
Imagination Designs