Tuesday, May 24, 2016

Answer Me This: What Do you Like to See in a Book Blog

Answer Me This. We are hoping this will help our friends get to know us a just a tad bit better. 
A question will be asked and answers will be given by both Ash and Jenn. We hope you enjoy getting to know us outside of the bookshelves.





Jenn: 
We decided to this question today due to the upcoming Bloggy Buddies Feature we want to do. All the details are not worked out yet but it did get me thinking. What do I like to see when I visit book blogs. What draws me in? What makes me stay? 

I look for many things when I visit a book blog. I have to admit that the layout and the colors are a big thing. I like it clean, easy to navigate, and not hard on the eyes. I have seen some blogs with so many bright colors it hurts my eyes and I can't seem to find what I am looking for. So a clean, soft, easy to navigate blog.  I also like good sepeartion in posts with easy to find comment section. I don't always have something intersting and important to say but when I decide I must leave a comment. I don't want to search it down. I also hate trying to find the end of a post and the beginning of the next.  I don't like to be confused or lost on a blog. 


For content. I read so many books but my focus is YA. So yes I like blogs with the focus of ya..for reviews. If I find a good loving, funny, intersting book blogger who reads adult books, I will read almost everything on their blog...even the adult book reviews. I do like reviews. Lots of reviews. I wish I did more. I like upcoming, new release, and older reviews. I like to read reviews of books I have not read and I have read. I just like reviews. 

I also like discussion posts....even though I suck at them.... I love to read them and the interesting things that bloggers have to say. Opinions, rules, statuses... I like it all. I also like blog posts that have to do with life obsessions other than books... television shows, clothes, activities. I do love to know what you like. I have not started anything like this...not sure if I ever will, but I do love to read them.  Any new and unusal feature. I like. 

I really love extreme voices... Either really funny, lyrical, musing, thoughtful. I like to see personality. Unfortunately this is another I lack in but I do try. I just feel that I know the person better if I see their personality come out. I love gifs in posts. They make me laugh. I do love photos too. I love unquiness in all the posts. 



One more thing. I do like commenters. I don't mind as much if my comments don't get a response...even though I must admit here lately... I get a bit excited when I see a reply in my inbox. But I love those bloggy friends who comment on my blog and I comment on theirs. It's just fun. 

I hope this does not sound like I am a blog snob... I will check out any blog and try to keep up on most. Especially if you are on bloglovin.. makes it easy. I do have a ton I follow so it's hard to keep up on them all. Bottom line.. if you want to my blogger buddy... sure thing. I am here. I love visititing blogs. 

I hope once I start Bloggy Buddies I will meet some more amazing bloggers out there. 




Ash:
Yikes. Well, I like pictures. Any time a book blog, or any blog for that matter, has photos, I instantly love it. That's why I use bookstagram, because I love seeing the photos. 

I also love blogs that post other things book related, like tags, memes, quizzes, whatever. 

Other wise that, I love finding blogs that have a ton of personality to them. Something that shows what that person loves, and is into, and who that person is. The quirkier and geekier the better! 

You can usually tell a lot about a person by what their blog looks like, and what they post. Are they friendly and comment on a lot of blogs? Are they boring and dry? So I want the blog to show who they are. 



What do you look for in book blogs?







8 comments:

  1. I agree with everything in this post. I love blogs that are easy to use and that show the blogger’s personality.

    Aj @ Read All The Things!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a hard time showing personality online. I have plenty of it in real life but I am not as social online. I am trying though.

      Delete
  2. IDK what blogging buddies is, but if you need another blogger for it, I'm game :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We want to highlight bloggers that we visit and are our friends. Details not worked out yet. You can be our first victum.... I mean highlight once we get it under wraps. Have any ideas how to make this feature rock. Send me some messages. would love your insight. :)

      Delete
  3. I look for a lot of the same things as you both do!! I like to see bloggers with awesome personalities who are really passionate about their topics and have a nice design and post consistently. ;D Aaaand are friendly. THAT'S ALWAYS A GREAT BONUS. I mean, I definitely still read blogs that don't fit all my criteria, but those are what I look for. :D

    Thanks for stopping by @ Paper Fury!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Passion is so great. I love those who are so into whatever they are talking about then I can be like yea thats right or noooo what are you thinking!!!! its just so much more fun that way.

      Delete
  4. I agree that I hate it when I can't figure out how to comment - that's so frustrating! Or when I can't seem to find the latest posts - some people have their blogs in cool categories shown artfully on their homepage, but I end up thinking, "I just want to know where your latest post is!" Pretty much everything else you guys said applies, too. The more personality in a blog, the more I love it!

    Nicole @ Feed Your Fiction Addiction

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yea me too. Latest posts and point me to the comment section. I get confused in life enough. I don't need blogs to do it too. :)

      Delete

 
Imagination Designs