Thursday, March 15, 2018

Wee Reads: If Your Monster Won't Go to Bed by Denise Vega

Ever since Finn was born, and even before then, we would read to him. We wanted to show him reading from an early age. Now he loves us to read the same books, over, and over, and over. But it is the sweetest thing, when he likes to pick out a book and climb into our laps. 

What Finn Reads....  
If Your Monster Won’t Go to BedIf Your Monster Won't Go To Bed by Denise Vega


  

If you have a monster that won’t go to bed, don’t bother asking your parents to help. They know a lot about putting kids to bed, but nothing about putting monsters to bed. It’s not their fault; they’re just not good at it. Read this book instead.
It will tell you what to feed your monster before bed (it’s not warm milk), and what to sing to your monster (it’s not a soothing lullaby), and what to read to your monster to send him off to dreamland in no time (the scarier, the better).


What Finn Thinks...

Do you like this book?
Yes because I like monsters!

What's your favorite part of the book?
I like the monster stomp! But it's too loud. It will crack the whole place. And I like the bug juice. I want to drink the bug juice! I just love bugs, even snails and centipedes. And it's so pretty. I like all the colors. This book made me feel pretty good and super excited! 

What do you think of the cover?
I like it. I like the human sitting on the monster's head. I like the white letters!

Do you want me to read it again?
Next time.

What Momma Thinks... 
This is an adorable book. The colors are amazing, the illustrations are adorable. And it was really fun/funny to read. We loved reading about how to get your monster to go to bed!

Some of our favorite pages:
 Similar Books..
Monster Trouble!Today I'm a MonsterEven Monsters Need HaircutsBedtime for MonstersNighty Night, Little Green Monster



I've been writing since I was a kid but it took awhile to get published-I had to work at improving my craft! Click Here was the sixth novel I'd written, the first to be accepted for publication. It went on to become a bestselling title for the Scholastic Book Fairs/Clubs, won the Colorado Book Award for Young Adult Literature, and was a 2008 Louisiana Reader’s Choice Nominee. I was excited and nervous to write Access Denied, the sequel to Click Here, because so many readers have written to tell me how much they loved it. But luckily my readers have really liked it - whew. Fact of Life #31 won the Colorado Top Hand Award and the Colorado Book Award for Young Adult Literature. My newest book, ROCK ON, which was so much fun to write. Other stuff about me: I'm a Co-Regional Advisor of the Rocky Mountain Chapter of SCBWI and enjoy giving back in that way. I love french fries and can't stand cheese so if you want to make me dinner, leave that stuff out of it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Imagination Designs