Friday, April 6, 2018

Bloggy Buddies: All About Angela!

Introducing Bloggy Buddy where we feature the bloggy friends we love so much!

Musings of a Literary Wanderer



Hi guys, its time for another Blogger Buddy. This week we have Angela from Musings of a Literary Wanderer. If you haven't seen her blog, go visit it now. Really. What I love about Angela's blog, it's lots of books I don't normally read so I can read reviews and say "hmm I think I will check this one out". She also reads YA too so I can get some good stuff on books I do read too. She is a good variety of genres and posts. 


How long have you been blogging?
I started blogging in April 2016, so I'm just about to hit the two-year mark!


What inspired you to start blogging?

I was reading a lot of book blogs, seeing all the fun memes everyone was taking part in and reading reviews.  I wanted to join in, too!  Plus, my husband and I were going on a lot of hikes, and I wanted a place to document all of those.

What was your first blog post?

My first post was just a basic "hello and welcome" post; my first real post was a review for the YA historical fiction novel Code Name Verity.

What are some unique features you do on your blog?

I have a couple features that I've started - one is Quotables, which is basically exactly what it sounds like!  I keep a list of quotes from stuff I'm reading, and I'll talk about a few of them at a time and why I like them.  Another feature I have is "Try It, You Might Like It."  In this feature, I read books from genres I don't normally pick up.  I've actually found some new favorite books this way!


What was your inspiration for your blog design and name?

My blog name kind of has a double meaning - I call myself the Literary Wanderer because I (obviously) love reading and books, and the name represents how I wander through books and use reading as an escape and visit places I might otherwise not be able to.  It also refers to my love of the outdoors and how I try to spend a lot of time hiking and walking.  As for the design, I try to keep things clean, simple, and basic, but I had to incorporate the color blue because it's my favorite.


What genres do you like to read and feature?
I read quite a few genres - I'd say a lot of it is adult contemporary fiction, but I also read and review YA, mystery/thrillers, fantasy, historical fiction, and I've even gotten into nonfiction lately.  Basically, a little bit of everything!



What were some of your favorite reads from last year?

Last year, I loved How to Disappear, Dark Matter, Rebecca, Before I Fall, and everything by Taylor Jenkins Reid!

Three blogs you really love? (besides you ladies!)
The Bookish Libra https://thebookishlibra.com/ - Suzanne writes amazing reviews, and since we have similar tastes in books, I know I can rely on her for recommendations!

The Bookish Libra

Rebel Mommy Book Blog https://rebelmommybookblog.com/ - Grace reads and reviews a lot of upbeat, fun books, and she's so personable and friendly.

Rebel Mommy Book Blog

A Magical World of Words http://amagicalworldofwords.blogspot.com/ - Amy writes a lot of book and movie reviews, but what I love most about her is how fearless she is.  She's not afraid to talk about tough subjects.



A Magical World Of Words



And lastly, tell us a bit about yourself and your blog.


So, I'm a 30-something wife who loves to read.  When I'm not reading, you can usually find me taking a long walk or hike with my husband, taking pictures, or watching reality tv.  I'm usually the last person to read the most popular and hyped books, so my hope is that when you visit my blog, you'll find out about books you might not have heard of and get some good recommendations.  I also like to post about our travels.




Thanks Angela! It has been so super fun to have you here and to have you a part of my blogging community! 





7 comments:

  1. Oh HEY Angela! I came across this blog because Ash visited mine and I had no idea that you were featured on here! How cool!
    I love reading more about bloggers behind the computer, so this is great!

    Great interview ladies and it was so nice to learn more about you Angela!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, ladies! This was so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a great feature and I enjoyed learning more about Angela - whom I already loved BTW!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay, I'm so glad to see Angela featured on your blog! She's one of my favorites :)

    ReplyDelete

 
Imagination Designs