Monday, April 2, 2018

March Monthly Recap

Here's our monthly recap!





We decided to start doing a monthly recap. Since we post and read a ton we will hightlight what our favorite things were and what we hope to read the upcoming month. If you would like to see all our posts, here are our weekly wrap-ups.

Our Weekly Wrap ups last month:


Ash's Month!

♥ My Birthday was March 8th. I'm now 25. Yikes. And my family threw me an awesome Unicorn surprise party!

♥ Me and Hubby's first anniversary was March 25th. We went camping and went out to eat. 


♥ I read 29 books in the month of March!!

That's really the only interesting things that happened in March.


Here are some of my favorite posts from last month: 

Bookish Banter: Automatically Add All Books?
Answer Me This: What Do You Collect?
Answer Me This: Video Games Vs. Board Games
Answer Me This: Favorite Mythical Creature?
I Read That Movie: Everything, Everything
Tag You're It! Zombie Apocalypse Tag
Top Ten Tuesday: Spring TBR

Favorite books read last month: 


5 Stars:
Everything, EverythingShiver (The Wolves of Mercy Falls, #1)The Selection (The Selection, #1)You're Never Weird on the Internet (Almost)Brave New Girl (Brave New Girl, #1)Red Queen (Red Queen, #1)Reboot (Reboot, #1)

Four Stars:
You Will Be MineWither (The Chemical Garden, #1)They All Fall Down

Books I'm hoping to read this month:

Yes PleaseMy Name Is RapunzelRuby Red (Precious Stone Trilogy, #1)Born Wicked (The Cahill Witch Chronicles, #1)The Book of Lost ThingsThe Forbidden Wish (The Forbidden Wish, #1)How to Hang a Witch (How to Hang a Witch, #1)One of Us Is LyingThe Darkest Minds (The Darkest Minds, #1)Scarlet (The Lunar Chronicles, #2)Walk on Earth a Stranger  (The Gold Seer Trilogy, #1)
Next to NormalDeadly Sweet (The Spellwork Syndicate, #1)The Lies They TellThe Dark Beneath the IceThe Unbinding of Mary ReadeMy Little Eye (Starke & Bell, #1)
The Price Guide to the OccultBlack Bird of the GallowsFever (The Chemical Garden, #2)The Lightning Thief (Percy Jackson and the Olympians, #1)Born at Midnight (Shadow Falls, #1)Revolution




Jenn's Month



Nothing really exciting this month besides Ash birthday. I did throw her a surpise party and that was a ton of fun. Really though my life is kind of boring. 

My husband did decided to join in on our fun and came up with a feature- Creature Feature- where he will spotlight creatures in science fiction, fantasy, and horror media. He loves his creatures. Check these out if you have not already. They are fun. 


Creature Feature: Let's Phoenix This!
Creature Feature: What The Fae is Going On?
Creature Feature: Who Let the Wyverns Out?


We also started a new feature called Bloggy Buddy. I am very excited for this feature. We have  lots of bloggy buddies out there and we want to share these bloggers and and their blogs with all our other bloggy buddies. ( I am not sure that made sense) 

We did our first one last week. 

Bloggy Buddy: Meet Michelle!

He is new to this blogging but he is having fun with it. He does work long hours and seven days a week, so his posts will be a review every now and then and his feature. Once he is home more he may have more to say on here. 


For me, I did a lot of reading this month. For somer reason I got my read on. I decided to go back to the seasonal reading challenge on Goodreads which activated my competitive side, and I was off. 

So I read 45 books this month. 

My favorite books... (all my 5 stars) Some have reivews and the rest are coming. 


Not If I Save You FirstThe Forbidden Wish (The Forbidden Wish, #1)Devils Unto DustChildren of Blood and Bone (Legacy of Orïsha, #1)The Forgetting (The Forgetting, #1)To Kill a KingdomKids of AppetiteThe Wrath and the Dawn (The Wrath and the Dawn, #1)The Dead ListAmy Chelsea Stacie DeeBetter Read Than Dead (Psychic Eye Mystery, #2)Ketchup Clouds


My 4 stars- 

Red Queen (Red Queen, #1)Silent LiesTomorrow, When the War Began (Tomorrow, #1)PacificaTime BombDead Is the New Black (Dead Is, #1)Relative StrangersHow to Hang a Witch (How to Hang a Witch, #1)The Upside of Falling DownHounded (The Iron Druid Chronicles, #1)Our Dark StarsShadow and Bone (Grisha Verse, #1)Defy the Stars (Defy the Stars, #1)The Final SixCadaver & QueenPeople Like UsI Am Watching You


There were lots of great posts this last month. There were 124. Yup I can't beleive that. Having Ash blog with me really helped this number go up. The break we took was really good for us too. We came back eager to really get into the blogging scene again. It was a very busy and productive month for us. 

Reviews -40
Wee Reads- 12
Discussion Posts 16


The books I want to read in April to finish out my challenge:

The Beautiful and the Cursed (The Dispossessed, #1)Starry EyesPuddin' (Dumplin', #2)Black Bird of the GallowsThe Lovely and the Lost (The Dispossessed, #2)Reawakened (Reawakened, #1)The RetreatMars OneWritten in Red (The Others, #1)A Curious Beginning (Veronica Speedwell, #1)The Lies They TellThe Darkest Minds (The Darkest Minds, #1)Dream a Little Dream (The Silver Trilogy, #1)Ace of Shades (The Shadow Game #1)Hidden Figures: The American Dream and the Untold Story of the Black Women Mathematicians Who Helped Win the Space RaceYou're Never Weird on the Internet (Almost)Blonde OpsChantress (Chantress, #1)Glass Sword (Red Queen, #2)Sisters of Blood and Spirit (The Sisters of Blood and Spirit, #1)

Dread Nation (Dread Nation, #1)Beyond a Darkened Shore

Beyond these I am not sure yet. Once I finish these I will need to pick a whole new list of bookst o read. 

How was your month of March?










8 comments:

  1. Yay! Pisces sister! Sounds like you had a nice bday too. Aside from How to Hang a Witch, which I liked, I haven't read any of these books! Chantress has been sitting on my shelf for years and I feel bad :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S: You both are on a roll! Great job! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh happy anniversary! I liked Brave New Girl and am looking forward to the sequel quite a bit. One Of Us Is Lying was one I enjoyed a lot too!

    And 45 books! Wow you guys are reading machines. :) Starry Eyes and The Lies They Tell are two I'm looking forward to reading, hopefully soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy 25th birthday! A unicorn party sounds awesome!

    29 books?! 45 books?!?! You guys are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, so much reading! You both reminded me that I want to get Felicia Day's book on audio.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You guys are reading machines! I love so many of the books you've shown. I also plan on reading Dread Nation this month. I think your blogging buddy feature is great and I look foward to visiting your blog a lot more!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How do you guys read so much? I need your superpowers. Happy birthday, Ash. I hope you both have a great April!

    Aj @ Read All The Things!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You both had such amazing reading months! I was able to read a book a day when I wasn't working but I don't have the time anymore. I hope you have a great April!

    ReplyDelete

 
Imagination Designs