Wednesday, April 4, 2018

Review: Brave New Girl by Rachel Vincent

Brave New Girl (Brave New Girl, #1)Title: Brave New Girl
Author: Rachel Vincent
Publisher: Delacorte Press
Publishing Date: May 9th, 2017
Pages: 255
Audio Length: 6 Hours and 42 Minutes
Genre: Young Adult dystopian sci-fi
Series: Brave New Girl
Source: Audio
 

We have brown hair. Brown eyes. Fair skin. We are healthy and strong and smart. But only one of us has ever had a secret.
Dahlia 16 sees her face in every crowd. She’s nothing special—just one of five thousand girls created from a single genome to work for the greater good of the city.
Meeting Trigger 17 changes everything. He thinks she’s interesting. Beautiful. Unique. Which means he must be flawed. When Dahlia can’t stop thinking about him—when she can't resist looking for him, even though that means breaking the rules—she realizes she’s flawed, too. But if she’s flawed, then so are all her identicals. And any genome found to be flawed will be recalled.
Destroyed.
Getting caught with Trigger would seal not only Dahlia’s fate, but that of all five thousand girls who share her face. But what if Trigger is right? What if Dahlia is different?
Suddenly the girl who always follows the rules is breaking them, one by one by one…
What made me pick this book up:
Jenn read it so we had it on audio and she suggested it to me.  

What did I like about the cover: 
I love the dress on Dahlia 16, and the way she is looking at us unlike her clones. I think it fits the book well.

What made me read this book: 
Well, like I said Jenn had read it. And the synopsis sounded interesting. And as an added bonus it fit for one of the tasks for the challenge. Yay.

What did I like the most:
I loved the story of it all. The idea of clones both excites and terrifies me. 

Not to mention that each "type" has a different function, and it's really cool because each type also has a name that goes with their function. Trigger was in the army. Dahlia dealt with plants. It's all really interesting to read about. 

Trigger 17 made me love him from the moment he was introduced. I couldn't wait for their scenes where they interacted together. 

I loved Dahlia and I loved the mystery as to why she was different from the rest of her clones. 

And the thrill at the end. Oh my goodness. Even though you kind of know what's going to happen, it's still all so exciting. 

What didn't I like: 
It ends in a freaking cliffhanger. Like of course it does. Other than that I can't think of anything...
Oh except the scientist dude. He sucks. 

Would I read the rest of the series/more from this author?
Yes! I need more NOW.

I loved this book and I need more.



Replica (Replica, #1)Your One & OnlyThe OriginalsReplica (Replica, #1)

A resident of Oklahoma, Rachel Vincent has a BA in English and an overactive imagination, and consistently finds the latter to be more practical. She shares her workspace with two black cats (Kaci and Nyx) and her # 1 fan. Rachel is older than she looks-seriously-and younger than she feels, but remains convinced that for every day she spends writing, one more day will be added to her lifespan.




2 comments:

  1. Oh nice!! I LOVE Rachel's books so I am happy to hear this one was a winner for you! I had heard that this one was a duology so I decided to wait to binge read it later once I had both copies in my hands! It does wonders for my sanity! Lol! Glad you enjoyed this! I cannot wait to read it! Highly recommend pretty much everything on Rachel's backlist too! All her books were amazing reads for me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I liked this one-- except like right as things started to get going it was THE END. I think the sequel comes out in May, so I might try to squeeze it in!!

    ReplyDelete

 
Imagination Designs