Friday, April 13, 2018

Review: Reboot by Amy Tintera

Reboot (Reboot, #1)Title: Reboot
Author: Amy Tintera
Publisher: HarperTeen
Publishing Date: May 7th, 2013
Pages: 365
Audio Length: 8 Hours and 42 Minutes
Genre: Young Adult Sci-fi
Series: Reboot
Source: Audio

Jenn's Review Here



Five years ago, Wren Connolly was shot three times in the chest. After 178 minutes she came back as a Reboot: stronger, faster, able to heal, and less emotional. The longer Reboots are dead, the less human they are when they return. Wren 178 is the deadliest Reboot in the Republic of Texas. Now seventeen years old, she serves as a soldier for HARC (Human Advancement and Repopulation Corporation).
Wren’s favorite part of the job is training new Reboots, but her latest newbie is the worst she’s ever seen. As a 22, Callum Reyes is practically human. His reflexes are too slow, he’s always asking questions, and his ever-present smile is freaking her out. Yet there’s something about him she can’t ignore. When Callum refuses to follow an order, Wren is given one last chance to get him in line—or she’ll have to eliminate him. Wren has never disobeyed before and knows if she does, she’ll be eliminated, too. But she has also never felt as alive as she does around Callum.
The perfect soldier is done taking orders.
What made me pick this book up: 
I think I got the book at an Austin Teen Book Fest. But I'm not sure. 
Anyway, the author was at the book fest, and the cover caught my eye. So I decided to go ahead and get it.

What did I like about the cover: 
I like the color pop and how it shows her number.

What made me read this book: 
The synopsis was interesting. It sounded really awesome. 

And I had it signed so I had to read it.

Plus it matched for a task (Like all my recent books)

What did I like the most: 
I liked the idea of it. The premise that when someone dies they could possibly "reboot" and come back to life. Not only come back to life, but come back stronger, smarter, and faster than when you were human, based on how long you were dead for. 

I actually genuinely loved the main character. She had a crappy childhood and she died young. She thought she didn't have any emotion. But then she realized that she was just scared and held back. 

I also really loved Callum. He made me laugh and he's exactly the kind of guy I would crush on. He was always happy and always saw the bright side of things. 

I love that basically love made her realize that she wasn't dead feeling. That she actually could have emotions, and strong ones. 

I also loved that it had me on the edge of my seat. I didn't know what was going to happen, who was going to live and who was going to die. And I like books like that. I don't want to think that everyone is safe and everything is perfect.

What didn't I like:
I uh. Uhhhhh. I didn't like... Oh! I didn't like this one scene involving Ever and what happened to her.
But literally that is it. I loved this book so much you guys.


Would I read the rest of the series/more from this author?
YES! I need to buy the other one on audio ASAP!




I really really really loved this book. I've had it for years and have just been putting it off and I'm glad I finally read it!


“Are we going to do my leg next?" he asked. "Can I get some warning next time? A quick 'Hey I'm going to snap your bone with my bare hands right now. Brace yourself.” ― Amy TinteraReboot

MILA 2.0 (MILA 2.0, #1)In the After (In the After, #1)Eve (Eve, #1)Partials (Partials Sequence, #1)Beta (Annex, #1)Glitch (Glitch, #1)


Hi! I'm Amy Tintera, young adult author. REBOOT and REBEL (HarperTeen) are out now. My new YA fantasy series, RUINED, comes out Summer 2016, also with HarperTeen.

I don't log on to Goodreads often, so if you'd like to get in touch with me please e-mail me: amytinterabooks@gmail.com.




2 comments:

  1. Oh I remember hearing about this one but I haven't tried it

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember wanting to read this one. Sounds good. I like it too when I can't predict what's going to happen. And it does have a nice cover.

    ReplyDelete

 
Imagination Designs